This salad is just perfect for summer!
Cannellini, Pomegranate and Quinoa Salad
Author: The Healthy Herbivore
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 12 spears of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 2
- 400g tin corn kernels
- 1 handful of snow peas, cut on the diagonal
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 lemon, rind zested and juiced
- 1 orange, rind zested and juiced
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Steam the asparagus until just tender, then rinse under cold water to stop it cooking. When cool enough to handle, cut each spear into thirds.
- In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss again.
- Serve and enjoy!