Veganism doesn’t mean sacrificing cheese when you can easily make a parmesan with only a few ingredients! I’m not sure why I put off giving making vegan parmesan a try for so long – I now add it to tonnes of my meals – creamy pastas, shepherds pie and cheesy vegetable gratins – all get a tasty boost with this cheese.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (I get mine from iHerb)
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (optional, if using in top of mac and cheese or other crispy dish)
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until fine
- Make sure not to over blend as the cashews will make this clump together
- Put into a jar or cover in a bowl with cling wrap and keep refridgerated
- Sprinkle over your meal and enjoy!