Ever wondered how to make your own almond milk? After a friend told me just how easy it is I bought a nut milk bag and just had to try it out myself!
How to Make Your Own Almond Milk
Author: The Healthy Herbivore
- From ½ cup to 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 litre water
- 2 medjool dates (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Depending on how strong you want the almond taste of your milk to be, cover between ½ cup and 1 cup of raw almonds in water and leave to soak 8 hours or overnight
- Once soaked, drain the water from the almonds and rinse
- Place all ingredients together in a blender and blend until almost smooth – you will still see pieces of almond but they’ll be small
- Strain the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a bowl, squeezing the pulp until no liquid remains
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Note: You can keep the almond pulp, dehydrate and use it as almond meal for other recipes. You can also pop the remainder back into the blender with more water and repeat the process for more milk.