Confession: I’ve never had a ‘real’ key lime pie before, so I’m not sure if this tastes anything like the real deal, but what I DO know is that this raw key lime pie is absolutely delicious! It’s vegan, has no refined sugar and an ingredient that may suprise you…
The main ingredient in this raw key lime pie is avocado – but I promise you can’t taste it!
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 2 medium avocados
- 6 tablespoons agave syrup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 9 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pop the crust ingredients in a food processor until they come together in a ball. You may need to add more water for this to happen
- Press the crust into a greased 25cm springform pan
- Once done, blend the filling ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth and free of chunks. (If you don’t have a blender a food processor may work)
- Taste test and add more zest if you feel you need it
- Pour over the crust and put in the fridge to harden for about 7 hours. If you’re in a rush it can be put in the freezer to harden quicker.
- Slice and serve!